Additive Manufacturing Technician
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingF1 - Production
Purpose of the Role:
To take unfinished 3D printed components and process them to a high standard, ready for prefitting.
This is a weekend based shift, but, 5 days
- Unloading build platforms and preparing clean platforms for use for all 3D printers.
- Loading and unloading automated parts washer.
- Processing 3D printed components using progressively finer grade paper to an agreed standard.
- Dispatching duties, booking off jobs in departmental software Streamics & Javelin.
- Basic inspecting of parts, visual go/no go type checking of all components before shipping to next op.
- Kitting of 3D printed parts for Aero projects.
- Ensure high quality of model and car parts, with on time delivery in full.
- Ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Reviewing assigned workload and where potential delays are foreseen, ensuring timely communication to managers and supportive of an alternative plan that will have minimal effect on the program.
- Working to agreed methods of work.
- Work efficiently within manufacturing as part of an established team.
- Where appropriate, communicate effectively delivery schedules.
- Promote McLaren values amongst colleagues.
- Generate practical ideas for improving component processing and finishing.
- Where faults are identified, contain and inform management.
- To attend appropriate reviews as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Wear PPE as instructed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of 3D printing would be an advantage.
- Must be able to handle delicate parts with care while hand finishing with wet and dry paper.
- Developing working relationships that promote faster delivery of parts and increase morale between shifts.
- PC literate to enable use of department systems.
- Methodical, determined approach - results focused, driven to do the very best possible
- Energetic, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Where the need for change is appropriate, engaging others to influence the result.
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.