Associate, IT Support
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingIT
At McLaren Racing, we’re already custodians of racing history. Now, we want to drive its future. As a team of racers, we live for the Fearless Pursuit of Better - in our car, our engine, our tech, and our performance.
McLaren Racing has long committed to competing with the best teams, at the leading edge of technology on the world’s biggest stage. As a team of racers, we live for the Fearless Pursuit of Better - in our car, our tech, and our performance.
The IT function has a vision to deliver first class technology and business IT infrastructure into McLaren Racing to support our journey of winning every race series we enter. By providing the right infrastructure, ecosystem and commercial technologies across the entire Racing organisation, we’ll enable the Team perform at the highest level in motorsport both on and off the track.
Purpose of the Role:
The role will ensure end user support operates efficiently and reliably. They are responsible for supporting the IT environment, resolution of first line technical issues and fulfilling user requests.
It’s a fast-paced environment, that’s not your standard 9-5, so flexibility in working hours will be required. Culturally it’s a fun, supportive, ambitious and delivery focused team that provides members with flexibility, autonomy and exciting opportunity throughout the multiple racing series we support.
The role will strive to continually improve responsiveness, the consistency of resolution to IT tickets and level of the IT service received by the end user community.
The role covers the complete end user systems estate, inclusive of the device and platform they operate on. You’ll act as an IT Representative to the business and own the hardware stock management processes.
- Initial point of contact for the end users raising incidents and requests.
- Using some technical skills that span across a breadth of technology areas to find solutions to both typical and unconventional problems.
- Ensuring that issues are resolved in a prioritised way based on business impact.
- Taking ownership of end user issues with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Building and maintaining relationships with end users and suppliers.
- Tactical decisions to implement initiatives with an attitude to ‘get things done’.
- Prioritisation of tasks in a high-pressure environment including managing customer expectations.
- Responsible for goods in and stock management processes.
- Ownership of hardware builds and deployment of IT equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Previous experience in IT support organisations with a strong knowledge of the following areas:
- Experience tackling technical faults working with cross functional teams.
- Working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Understanding and experience with multiple OS platforms such as Mac & Windows 10.
- Some previous knowledge of hardware procurement and asset management.
- Understanding of ITIL and Service Management good practice framework.
- Experience in high pressure, fast paced working environments.
- Some networking fundamentals understanding.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills proven within a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- Good at problem solving and being organised in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to absorb technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.
McLaren Racing is the kind of place where everyone is encouraged to try something different, to discover new paths, to begin new journeys. To think fearlessly. To work fearlessly. To disrupt fearlessly.
Our race for performance has only just started. And we won’t ever stop pushing for more.