CNC Machinist - IndyCar
United States, Indiana, IndianapolisIndyCar
Arrow McLaren SP is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren SP is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar Production Manager in our Indianapolis location, this position encompasses responsibilities described below.
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on succeeding on the track? If so, Arrow McLaren SP does not compromise on the quality and innovation that go into our cars.
As a Machinist, you will join a passionate crew that will service and maintain our IndyCar for a high-performance, high-speed experience on the track. The right candidate will be self-motivated to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will work creatively in a team atmosphere while adhering to tight deadlines and remaining calm in high pressure situations.
This is a salaried full-time position, with medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Hands-on role working with CNC Mill and Lathe from engineering blueprints provided
- Must be comfortable with other power/hand tools used to build components for the Car
- Work on programming CAM software utilizing FeatureCam
- Selected team player will flex his/her schedule when necessary to meet the race schedule
- Other duties as assigned by the department manager
- Minimum HS diploma or equivalent
- Prefer 2+ years of machinist (Mill and Lathe) experience
- Familiarity with the CAM software, FeatureCam product preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to lift and move items that are up to 60 lbs
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Attention to detail, organized, and proven experience to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Professional yet friendly personality required to interact with all team members and visitors