DAG Systems Engineer
United States, Indiana, IndianapolisIndyCar
Arrow McLaren SP is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren SP is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar Manager of Systems Engineering in our Indianapolis location, this position encompasses responsibilities described below.
The DAG/Systems engineer is responsible for maintaining the data acquisition system on the race car and monitoring system reliability. This includes sensor calibration, data logging, dash configuration, as well as data analysis focused on car vitals. The DAG/Systems engineer is also responsible for the trackside timing stand and real-time telemetry link with the race car. Being able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot problems is a key trait for this role. This job will include extensive travel to races and tests.
This is a salaried full-time position with a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision benefits. Many of the meals on the road are provided, to include a daily per diem.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Strong computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized, and proven experience to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Travel requirements include up to 17 race weekends as well as travel for testing over the year
Preferred Experience (Not Required):
- Motorsport experience, including prior use of a data acquisition system (Pi/Cosworth, AIM, Motec, McLaren, etc.)
- Experience with CAN bus configuration
- Experience with Matlab
- Background with a high level (C++, Python, VBA) or low level (C) programming language
- Hands-on experience with wiring and sensors
AMSP is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.