Graduate/Associate Software Engineer
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingTPC
McLaren Racing has diversified its motorsport activities beyond the Formula 1 series in recent years to include both IndyCar and Extreme E, as well as a new programme testing our previous Formula 1 car.
We're looking for a Software Engineer either at Graduate level or with some work experience to join the team responsible for these wider motorsport activities. A fantastic opportunity to either start your career in motorsport or move to a fast-paced exciting project environment.
• You will be contributing to the bespoke software solutions that we use to analyse our data, continually improve our performance, and deliver results on track.
• You will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle, from requirements analysis through to deployment and ongoing support.
• You will work with a wide variety of programming languages and technologies across multiple projects.
• You will be mentored by experienced members of the team.
• You have an obvious passion for coding and a keen interest in new technologies.
• You take pride in your work and get satisfaction from delivering to a high standard.
• You enjoy working as part of a team and learning from others.
• You are open to asking questions as well as making suggestions.
• You are willing to adapt your existing skills to other technologies and new scenarios.
• You identify problems and take personal responsibility for their resolution.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• BSc in Computer Science or equivalent (2:1 or above).
We would equally welcome applications from candidates that can demonstrate an equivalent combination of academic and industrial experience.
• Strong theoretical understanding of fundamental concepts, such as object-oriented
programming, design patterns/principles, relational databases, and test-driven development.
• Some prior industrial experience (e.g. placement year or internship) that is software / computer science related..
• High competency in written and oral English language.
Any experience as a software engineer in a related field.
• Experience with elements of the following technology stack (or their equivalents):
o Programming language: C#, TypeScript, MATLAB.
o Web UI framework: React.
o Cloud computing: Azure, AWS.
o Source control: Git.
o Database: SQL Server, MongoDB.
o Development environment: Visual Studio / Visual Studio Code