The purpose of this role is to manage artwork and the production of assets and collateral to support our Racing and F1 programmes and associated activites. As the production-arm of our in-house Creative Studio, this role supports the creative team in bringing to life our brand across multiple touchpoints to build equity in the McLaren brand, thereby growing our fan base – across Formula 1, Racing and Heritage programmes.
The postholder is accountable for preparing artwork and the physical application of branding across our racing inventory, including car wrapping and vinyl application to support our events and brand experiences.
They will work to the the McLaren Racing Brand Identity guidelines, ensuring all artwork is cohesive and successfully supports our broader brand and creative ambitions. They will also provide artwork to support our partners, licensees for use across multiple applications including gaming, apparel and model cars.
They are expected to work collaboratively with stakeholders across Marketing and Racing, understanding briefs and requirements and planning workflow. Where necessary, they will manage a roster of third party specialist agencies to help with the delivery of assets and collateral. They will foster excellent supplier relations, ensure financial due diligence, and excellent quality control in delivery. They will constantly look outside of Racing to bring innovative new ideas to the way that we showcase our brand.
- One direct report and overseeing third party agency resource. This role will entail unsocial hours, weekend working and some travel.
- Managing the application of branding to our garage, paddock inventory and driver assets. Ensuring that all assets are logged within took kits.
- Working collaborately with Race team to ensure branding is updated to reflect our contractual partner obligations, and is coordinated in line with our freight and logistics programme.
- Providing the trackside team with branding guides and visuals to help on-the-ground fulfilment when we cannot be present.
- Producing collateral and materials to support associated brand experiences at track or at the McLaren Technology Centre (menus, posters, tickets, backdrops, as well as digital applications).
- Managing the application of branding across our fleet of showcars and simulators, always ensuring that it up to date and market compliant. Ensuring that assets are signed-off before being deployed and branding status is centrally logged to ensure that updates happen when logistically possible.
- Managing workflow with the Brand & Experience team across the year, and working closely with Surfaces & Brand to ensure that the fleet livery is maintained and updated, including the release of new showcars.
- Working with the Heritage team to support with the delivery of heritage car assets and ensuring that they are correctly branded e.g. supply of cars to Goodwood Festival of Speed and other similar racing events across the year.
- Establishing and managing the heritage brand inventory and associated filing systems. Creation of a heritage branding catalogue to ensure that we preserve and protect our brand legacy for the future.
Brand campaigns, experiences and events, other studio workflow (30%)
- Managing production outputs and requirements across a variety of strategic brand initiatives, campaigns and internal and external events throughout the racing calendar.
- Managing and allocating resource for studio creative and artworking requests, ensuring excellent airtraffic control and prioritisation with the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The post holder will have:
- Experience at working on physical production including; application of vinyl materials, vinyl wrapping, and print processes.
- Proficiency at artworking and using the Creative Cloud suite.
- Proven track record of delivery across multi-facited events and experiences.
- Experience at briefing and overseeing third parties.
- Excellent team working; supporting peers whilst, adept at navigating complexity and ambiguity.
- Outstanding organisation skills; able to pivot under pressure and deliver best-in-class assets.
- Attention to detail; exacting standards to ensure materials deliver against our contractual obligations and protect our brand.
Creative - resourceful, imaginative, inquisitive, challenges conventions and solves problems intuitively and creatively.
Strategic - a smart and logical mind that can deliver and act upon briefs.
Credible – is considered highly credible by their peers and stakeholders; acts as a role model for the McLaren values.
Results-driven – an outstanding work ethic; someone who is adept at managing their own energy and priorities.
Challenges – innovates and holds him or herself to exacting standards.
Ownership – takes accountability for both successes and failures; always strives for improvement.
Collaboration – Builds relationships with ease, securing the trust of those inside and outside the business.
Organised – ability to manage concurrent projects and plan and manage their own time.
Role Model – Is a role model and champions best practice in diversity and inclusion
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing’ and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are open to challenge
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.