Operative, Laminating Technician
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingF1 - Production
Purpose of the Role:
To produce composite laminated components to a high standard and to tight deadlines, for use on the current and future MCL cars.
- Production of F1 car components on current and future MCL cars
- Laminating components
- Mould preparation, manufacture and maintenance
- Vacuum bagging of components
- Operation of autoclaves
- Work in a safe manner and to prescribed process
- Provide support to other teams as work load dictates
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Skilled laminator - previous experience in motorsport (especially F1) or aerospace is preferable
- Proactive, self-motivated and uses initiative, looks for the next task and offers solutions to problems
- High level of attention to detail
- Good communication skills - uses accurate and clear communication and demonstrates when information is understood
- Consistently strives for excellence in quality, performance and output
- Has a positive approach to situations
- Team player - supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined, results focused, driven to do the very best possible
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.