United States, Indiana, IndianapolisIndyCar
Arrow McLaren SP is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren SP is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar Director of Performance Engineering in our Indianapolis location, this position encompasses responsibilities described below.
The Performance Engineer is responsible for maximizing driver performance and supporting the race engineer. This includes extensive data analysis and video review. This role will work directly with the IndyCar Driver to optimize driving line and refine technique for fuel and tire management. This position will also provide assistance to the Race Engineer in making decisions to maximize car performance. This job will include extensive travel to races/tests and requires the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately in a high-pressure environment.
This is a salaried full-time position with a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision benefits. Many of the meals on the road are provided, to include a daily per diem.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of professional motorsport experience
- Background in vehicle dynamics
- Experience analyzing logged vehicle data
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized, and proven experience to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Travel requirements include up to 17 race weekends as well as travel for testing over the year
Preferred Experience (Not Required):
- Experience using Pi Toolbox or McLaren Atlas
- High-level programming language (Matlab, Python, C++, C#)
- Vehicle simulation background
- Prior trackside engineering role
AMSP is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.