Purpose of the Role: To programme, set and operate multi-axis machine tools
· Program and Manufacture of components to supplied drawings. This will encompass programming setting and operating multi-axis computer numerically controlled machining centres.
· Wherever possible you will be required to set and operate more than one machine tool.
· Maintain programme and tooling records for all components produced.
· Liaising with the management and production engineers to maximise the efficient running of the machine tools.
· Maintain a shift handover record with other shift based employees in the machine shop.
· Responsible for the cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace.
· To be aware of heath and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace.
· In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
· Experience in Open Mind CAM software.
· Experience using Mikron 3 axis and/or 5 axis milling machines.
· Previous Experience in manufacturing precision components preferably in a motorsport environment or similar.
· Experience in Programming and use of Heidenhain 530 control system.
· Experience of ISO or other Conversational Computer Numerical Controlled programming.
· Experienced craftsperson with a proven track record.
· A flexible team player with good communication skills
· Able to adopt a professional and mature attitude to work and other people.