Purchase Ledger Assistant x2 (6 month FTC)
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingFinance & Procurement
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The key purpose of the role is to assist in the operation of the purchase ledger, ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices and credit notes, enabling supplier payment terms to be met.
As part of our continuous improvement to be cost cap competitive, the role will be an important part in identifying and driving transformation within the finance function, in order to streamline and maximise resources.
- Matching and processing both GBP and foreign invoices and credit notes, ensuring they are coded correctly
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Liaising with internal staff, and external suppliers
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Running fortnightly BACS payment runs, and check bank details are up to date
- Setting up new suppliers on the system, and sending any bank details off to be verified, in line with anti-fraud processes
- Assisting in month end tasks such as
- Invoice accrual, VAT accrual, DPOs
- Complete the monthly deferment statement
- Preparation and posting of fuel invoices, ferries, shipping and car hire invoices
- Liaising with the buying team to resolve any queries on prices or quantities
- You will be able to communicate to all levels of management
- Escalate any significant matters to management on a timely basis
- Be able to work within a small fast moving department
- Support the month end process and deliver high quality output
- You will have excellent organisation and management of your own time
- File Company data in a logical and methodical order
- Persistent when resolving issues
- Good at questioning and spotting irregularities
- Have good attention to detail
What can McLaren offer?
We strive to provide a fun, innovative, collaborative and open culture where everyone’s input is welcome, and everyone feels part of our achievements. We work hard to create a culture of continuous improvement and support this with a proactive approach to management and personal development.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre on the edge of Woking. Our large campus includes a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park land. MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 32min train ride.
We encourage hybrid working patterns to give you options to balance your home life and hobbies with your work, and offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.