Quality Control Inspector - Night Shift
United Kingdom, Surrey, WokingF1 - Production
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure conforming composite, metallic or tooling parts are released from inspection to their next operation, be that manufacture operation or build task.
The measurement of parts using any and all methods within McLaren Racing inspection capability, in order to deliver three core accountabilities:
- The measurement of all required features of final race car parts prior to release to build.
- The measurement of all required features of sub-components prior to release to their next operation.
- The measurement of all required features of tooling parts prior to release to their next operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A fully indentured engineering background in precision engineering or similar industry.
- Experience working within an inspection department using modern and conventional technology to measure precision components.
- Experience using PCDIMIS, Dassault Systems, VX Elements, GOM Inspect, Faro/Power Inspect would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of GD&T is required.
- Exemplary attention to detail is a must.
- Fully computer literate, including use of an MRP system.
- Must be focused and able to work in a methodical manner, even when working under pressure.
- Conscientious approach to workload with flexibility in working hours and tasks undertaken.
- Must have the ability to work either alone or as part of a team.
- Driven, self-motivated and extremely pro-active – takes opportunity to use own initiative.
- Earns respect of team-members by their own actions
- Determined – results focused, driven to achieve a successful outcome